Just an update on what I’ve been up to lately 🙂
– A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my birthday and got these funny little Rebel Duckies from my brother.
– With that birthday I reached the old age of 42, so I figured it was about time to finally watch the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy for the first time ever. So yes, now I know who Arthur Dent is, and that you should never travel without a towel. But not entirely sure why everybody kept saying I should watch it…
– Last weekend I decided to earn even more geek points by watching (again for the first time) Star Wars. Not too bad, but I think I mostly liked it because it made me get the jokes in the Family Guy version of it, and I think I’ll also watch Spaceballs again. I already liked it about 20 years ago, but it must be even better now that I’ll get the references. Or maybe I should try Planet of the Apes first as well?
– Since I was in England that weekend, I also watched Dr. Who Saturday night. I like Dr. Who, and I thought this episode was quite intriguing. Where do the shadows come from, and where is the little girl? At the end it appeared it was one of them ‘to be continued next week’ episodes. Well, long live bittorents – I’ll be waiting for it to show up on btjunkie on Sunday.
– Still the very same weekend, I went to Liverpool and saw Paul McCartney play the Anfield stadium, with Dave Grohl as special guest and supported by the Kaiser Chiefs and the Zutons. One of the best concerts I’ve been to in quite a while – I was well impressed.
During ‘Live And Let Die’, I was surprised by a flash of heat against my face from the flame throwers on the stage. I was about 20 meters from the stage, so I can only imagine how hot it must have been on the front row, not to mention on the stage itself. Wonder if everybody still has their eyebrows…
Other than that, no news for now 🙂